Wednesday, March 18, 2015

An Open Letter to McDonalds + 2 Videos

Somehow I missed this new commercial from McDonalds when it came in January. Now that I have seen it, I need to rant about it, in letter form. First, watch it here, then continue reading.

Dear McDonalds,

I will start off with a compliment (but it all goes downhill from here), the term "Gastronauts" is genius. Okay, onward. First of all, do you care about the state of our country? Obviously you don't because you keep shoving burgers and fries and sodas into the hands of already overweight Americans. But still, do you care even the slightest bit? Because if you do, then you wouldn't diss Vegetarians and foodies at the outset of your commercial. You just lost about a 1/4 of the country; people who could've been potential customers. Although I doubt such people more educated about their food than all of your employees combined would choose to eat at your grotesque establishment.
Lettuce, you wish you were kale!

Second, what do you have against soy, or quinoa, or greek yogurt, or kale??? You are definitely just jealous because they are more popular and healthy foods than your menu items will ever be.

Third, you outrightly say that your burger is massive! You say it is massive! Do you think that makes it more appetizing or appealing? Because it doesn't!! I don't know anyone that wants to try to stuff a giant double decker sandwich of meat and bread into their mouth. Ew.

Fourth, foodies and vegetarians do not all have big egos. That is a stereotype that needs to be killed now. And even if we did, we are entitled to be egotistic because every time we put something in our mouths, we are making a smarter decision than any customers of your restaurant.

And finally, that sassy little, "bada-bap-ba-baaaa" at the end of your commercial was uncalled for. UNCALLED FOR. And the fact that you end with rainbow hearts after basically insulting the entire community of mindful eaters is ironic to the extreme.

I hope you seriously consider all that I have just brought to your attention. The food mindset of America is changing. People want to eat healthier. And healthier is not you.

Sincerely,
Gourmanda

And now watch this glorious video clip from the Daily Show (I love Jon Stewart. I will miss him so much when he leaves the show.)

And this awesome ad campaign by Only Organic which I honestly thought was a McDonald's campaign at first. You go Only Organic!!

And that is it for my rant today. I'll leave you with this tidbit of wisdom that I cannot take credit for:
Every time we eat, we vote with out forks.
More,
Gourmanda

No comments:

Post a Comment