Friday, August 21, 2015

Working at the Farmers Market

Every Saturday morning, I wake up at 6:45am, throw on my green t-shirt, and head down to Pleasantville to intern at the farmers market.


I love waking up to work with a smiling staff of volunteers eager to make the market's environment as accommodating and lively as possible. As media intern, I post a weekly collage and video to Facebook to get patrons pumped about the market. I photograph the weekly splendorous harvest of corn, apples, cheese, bread rolls, fish, kale, etc., and use the photos in my weekly posts.

Working at the Pleasantville Farmers Market has taught me about what it means to run a non-profit, about the life of a farmer, about how to take the most yummy pictures, about how to change money, about how to set up a tent, the list goes on and on.

So if you're ever in Westchester County, stop by for a "delicious good time" at the best and biggest market around!!
More,
Gourmanda




No comments:

Post a Comment